Logistics Manager - Sea / Road Freight - Warwickshire - £35-40k - VR/18962
Our client, an importer of fresh produce, is looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to join their expanding team.
Main duties include:
- Organising the Import and Export (Sea & Road freight) logistics for the company
- Organising storage & distribution of products
- Liaising with suppliers and customers to coordinate planning requirements
- Coordinating & managing 3rd party logistics providers
- Planning & implementing weekly fulfilment schedules with commercial staff
- Managing & assisting team members to ensure the smooth operation of the logistics process
- (planning, import procedures, schedule management, invoicing)
- Supervising stock control levels and correct stock rotation
- Liaising with technical / QC staff to ensure correct goods being dispatched to customers
- Ensure IT system is regularly updated with current logistics costs and pricing
- Regular reporting / coordination with commercial colleagues to notify of issues
Skills & Experience:
- Strong previous relevant experience in a logistics planning role (min 3 years)
- Experience of managing a small team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure to a very high standard
- Excellent numeracy
- Good IT skills (Prior experience of a corporate ERP system an advantage)
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Would suit either an existing Logistics Manager looking for a new challenge or a logistics
- professional looking to step up into a management role.
- Fresh produce experience and / or other European languages an advantage.
- Eligible to work in the UK Full Time without restrictions
Salary c£35,000 40,000 p.a. depending on experience.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference; VR/18962
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days you have been unsuccessful.