European Roadfreight Groupage Clerk - Essex - VR/19012
Our clients, a leading independent Freight Forwarder are currently looking to recruit an European Roadfreight LTL Clerk to join their team in Essex.
Main duties and roles of the Groupage Clerk:
- Manage the Roadfreight process for the Groupage Operations department
- International Transport Planning for European shipments
- Maximising vehicle payloads & Consolidation of cargo for transport
- Obtain all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
- Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information
- Keep customers informed of their shipments progress
- Liaise fully with transport companies to ensure deliveries are met
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department
Skills and Experience required for the Groupage Clerk:
- Strong knowledge of calculating loading metres / cubic metres
- Understanding of calculating stackable & non stackable pallets
- Good European Geography knowledge
- 2 years experience of organising European Groupage shipments
The successful European Roadfreight Groupage Clerk will receive a competitive salary dependent on experience.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/19012
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors.
We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.