Warehouse General Manager (VR/19158)
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Essex
17 July 2018
Warehouse General Manager - Essex - VR/19158
Our client, the UKs leading independent logistics and freight forwarder, is looking for a Warehouse General Manager, to join their management team based in Tilbury, Essex.
Purpose of the positon:
The General Manager will manage all aspects of the warehouses financial, operational, employees and processes to enable the efficient and cost effective movement of merchandise.
Main Duties include:
- Delivery of production plans through effective management and leadership of the DC Management team
- Partner with peers and other key contacts throughout Distribution, Transport, Supply, Sales, Finance, Customer Services and Customers
- Maximise productivity, efficiency and quality, maintaining a quality service by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
- Preparation of the DC weekly review for discussion at weekly conference call/meeting
- Build solid relationships with Supply, Sales and Marketing, Digital teams to ensure active awareness of forthcoming events, opportunities and initiatives
- Responsible for defining recruitment needs to meet the business plan covering capacity and stock issues
- Plan and execute operational strategy, ensuring the DC delivers KPIs to meet and support the changing business needs
- Ensures the DC has effective people strategy including succession planning and team development
- Responsible for ensuring the resolution of resource, Work with the Head of Logistics on budgeting and forecasting for both capital and revenue expenditure
- Minimise shrink by ensuring stock integrity is maintained through accuracy standards and audit controls
- Minimising risk on DC by ensuring compliance with Health & Safety
- Substantial experience in Retail, FMCG or 3PL logistics with an operational background.
- Excellent technical warehousing and transport skills.
- Need to be strong on cost metrics and be experienced at driving productivity and balancing the cost/service trade off
- The ability to develop solutions that meet the future needs of the business as it develops.
- The ability to understand and own the P&L for the DC
- Excellent communicator readily able to engage with staff at levels and explain complex IR solutions in an easy to understand fashion.
- Track record of building and managing relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to positively represent the company at external events and within the wider
Salary dependant on experience
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference; VR/19158
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.