Multi-Modal Operations Clerk - Derby - VR/19152
Our client, a freight forwarding company based in Derbyshire, are looking to take on a Multi-Modal Operations Clerk with Air, Sea and Domestic Transport experience.
Responsibilities of the Multi-Modal Operations Clerk:
- Respond to quote requests & bookings from customers (internal & external).
- Arrange transport in accordance with current agreement (e.g. Agency agreements/ Sub contractors).
- Produce the associated document e.g. Letter of Credit, Original Bill of Lading, Airway Bill, collection notes, manifest etc.
- Liaise with shipper, consignee or nominated contact to ensure all transportation details are correct.
- Liaise with customers and grow an understanding of customers' business needs & markets.
- Grow existing business opportunities and look for new markets.
- Deal with ongoing queries and provide up to date information to the customer in respect to transported goods.
- Raise sales invoice and respond to related queries.
- Communicate with our overseas depots and form a good working relationship with partners.
- Ensure current systems are updated and accurate.
- Maintain efficient filing and records.
- Ensure accurate completion of paperwork.
- Understand and work with Incoterms
- Customs knowledge and ability to conduct declaration
Experience & Requirements:
- Experience in a freight forwarding environment
- Excellent understanding of freight process
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Good team player
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference; VR/19152
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days you have been unsuccessful.