Air Freight Co-ordinator - Redditch - VR/19155
Duties of the role:
- Manage the day to day Air Freight operations.
- Co-ordinate the export and import bookings of Air Freight jobs.
- Raising Job files and all of the appropriate operations paperwork.
- Processing jobs through the in house software system.
- Customs entries using the NES system.
- To be responsible for the daily checking of all Airfreight collections and deliveries and post flights and ensuring that clients are kept informed of any deviation to the agreed schedule
- Extensive client liaison and negotiation.
- Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
- Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with quotations and service information.
- Managing the jobs from quotation stage to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and communicating effectively any service issues.
- Proactively contacting the existing clients to maximise business potential.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ideally AIR freight operations experience.
- Excellent customer service experience
- Confident communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Can work to deadlines and handle pressure
- Quick thinker / problem solving
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic character
- Ability to work with and support a team
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/19155
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors.
We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.