Freight Event Co-ordinator - Essex - £18-25k + benefits - VR/19167
Our client, an International leader in supply chain management and logistics solutions, is looking for a Freight Event Co-ordinator to join their team based in Essex.
Main purpose of the position:
Provide administration support to operations team including overseas travel, co-ordinate shipments to European and International destinations, assist with shipments for sports events and the domestic market.
- Operational support for Project Managers
- Coordinate shipments to overseas exhibitions
- Onsite assistance / overseas travel
- Account reporting using Globus, SAP, SharePoint
- Passing supplier invoices
- Issuing invoices to clients and checking payments
- General support for Project Managers working overseas
Skills / Experience Require:
- 2 years shipping & logistics experience
- Experience with event logistics is preferable
- Experience working with clients & suppliers
- High levels of energy, sound judgement and determination to achieve with a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage ones own workload.
- A desire to travel overseas and work as a team on a project
- Multi-lingual is preferable
- Good accountancy skills
- IT literacy skills
- Customer focussed
Salary: £18-25k depending on previous experience + annual bonus + overseas allowance
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/19167
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days you have been unsuccessful.