Sales Executive / New Business Development - Staffordshire - VR/19170
Our client, a successful freight forwarding company based in Staffordshire, is looking to take on a Sales Executive / New Business Development person to join their team.
- To generate new sales, linked directly to the current business plan.
- Concentrate on developing quality contracts rather than quantity.
- Source your own business leads & act on those provided by Sales & Operations Colleagues.
- To identify sales opportunities & effectively present key features of our services.
- Describe the product / service benefits & any special offers or promotions.
- Gather & document information about the customer.
- Ensure all client details are fully completed including marketing information.
- Take orders & arrange for the relevant Freight Account Manager to make contact.
- Work flexibly, in the office & external client visits within the UK.
- Focus on results & willingly tackle problems or conflicts which threaten their achievement.
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach & be willing to get involved.
- 2 - 5 years experience in selling European Road freight, either as an Operator / Account Manager or in Proactive Sales.
- Experience of sales & market development.
- Close liaison & working with team colleagues to achieve end goals.
- Performing quotes, visits, follow-up calls & visits, client dispute resolution.
- Tough negotiator
- Good overall knowledge of European freight industry & markets.
- Customer services skills - To enjoy working with customers & building relationships.
Full Time 08:30 - 17:30 Monday to Friday (with an hour for lunch)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a driven and excited team and would ideally suit someone with a European Road freight background (NOT parcel courier / ocean / air freight) or someone who has worked on European Road Freight Operations for minimum 2 years.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/19170
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days you have been unsuccessful.