Seafreight Import Clerk - VR/19802
The Company & Role:
Our client, a freight forwarding and logistics company, are looking for a Seafreight Import Clerk to join their team just outside of Felixstowe.
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Quoting rates
- Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo into the UK
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant import documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Customs clearances
- Planning and arranging deliveries
- Passing purchase invoices and dealing with any queries
You will receive a salary between £20,000 and £28,000 depending on experience.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the shipping team on email@example.com.