Business Development Manager (VR/19416)
£25,000 - £30,000/annum + Commission
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Essex -- Chelmsford
18 September 2018
Business Development Manager - Chelmsford - VR/19416
Our client in Chelmsford, Essex are looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager to join their team.
£25-30k per year + commission
Working for a company who specialise in customised signs and displays, we are looking for someone with previous experience in this field. You will be responsible for sales activities from lead generation through the project management process. Develop and implement agreed upon Sales and Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding the customer base in the marketing area. Work with the centres management and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction and revenue generation, in line with company vision and values.
- Develop annual sales plan with Franchise Partner or Centre Manager, detailing activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the position on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners and decision makers.
- Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients using various products and the company selling solution system.
- Develop and maintain a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from telephone, marketing and field activity.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of a Contact Manager program to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Develop a complete understanding of pricing and proposal models
- Complete all paperwork and follow established centre procedures from initiation through completion of a project (i.e., Work Order, credit approvals, POS entry, pre-payment collection, artwork approval, delinquent account collection, reporting).
- Prepare presentations, estimates and sales contracts.
- Establish and maintain estimate follow-up procedures.
- Prepare status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals for weekly sales meetings.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Carry out market research; i.e. competitive shops and customer surveys.
- Identify and resolve customer satisfaction issues.
- Establish and maintain effective team relationships with all support departments.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
You will be working in an office and a light manufacturing environment. Reporting to franchise partner or centre manager.
Work may require occasional overnight travel, weekend and/or evenings.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and are looking for a new challenge, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org now or call 01376 507820 quoting reference VR/19416
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days you have been unsuccessful.