Senior Production Manager (VR/19717)
- United Kingdom -- England -- East Midlands -- Leicestershire -- Halstead
30 November 2018
Senior Production Manager - VR/19717
The Company & Role
Family run FMCG Company based just outside Colchester with an impressive 160 year history in the market are seeking an experienced Senior Production Manager with food manufacturing experience to lead a production team through GMP.
- Manage and control the materials processing, packing of all products to customer specifications at optimum cost/efficiency.
- Utilise problem solving techniques, team building strategies, process control and continuous improvement tools to meet and exceed the facilities KPIs
- Organise work flows, improve and develop SOPs
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Manage Lead Engineer and approve maintenance work, purchasing etc.
- Eliminate costs and prepare budgets
- Manage non-conformances
- Enforce compliance, housekeeping, Health & Safety, product safety, legality, traceability, allergen management, quality and employment legislation
- Control all direct costs to BoMs - labour, raw material waste, packaging waste and report P&L variances
- Identify cost saving through continuous improvement and implement lean manufacturing processes and tools
- Manage, supervise, train and develop all production staff. Recruit and hire additional personnel as required to support growth
- Assist Lead Engineer to manage, supervise, train and develop all production staff.
- Member of HACCP team
- Previous experience as a Production Manager, Food manufacturing preferred
- Some knowledge of food machinery/engineering is desirable
- Understanding of quality standards and Health and Safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and MRP software
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organisational skills and results driven
- Youll receive a salary of 45K
- Hours 8.30am - 5pm Mon- Fri
- Free parking
If youre interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the