Ships Agency Operations - Essex - VR/18761
Our client, one the countrys leading independent port agency companies, is looking for a Ships Agent to join their team in Essex.
Main purpose of the Ships Agent:
- Ensure excellent ships agency services are rendered to all customers
- Ensure a smooth, quick turnaround of vessels, keeping all relevant parties advised at all times
- Board vessels as/where required
- Liaise with clients and port services on a daily basis
- Ensure all shipping documentation is issued on time and accurately
- Assess HSSE risk and implement risk controls within area of responsibility
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses whether the persons are injured or not
- Ensure full compliance with the companys HSSE Management System
Requirements of the Ships Agency Operator:
- Customer focused
- Health & Safety compliant
- Maritime Operations
- Basic knowledge of Port Operations
- Experience of working in a similar role in the shipping/maritime industry
- Strong communicator both written and verbal
- Team player
- Valid driving license
- After Hours coverage of ship visits, monitoring e-mails, and taking phone calls on a rotational basis
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/18761
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days you have been unsuccessful.