Trainee Customs Analyst - Essex - £14k - VR/19129
Our client, a Customs Bureau based in Essex, is looking for a Trainee Customs Clerk to join their team based in Essex.
Main roles and duties of the Trainee Customs Clerk:
- Assist with the daily management of duty management accounts ensuring they are operated according to their authorisation and specific SOP
- Learn basic Customs Import procedures using CFSP (Customs Freight Simplified Procedures)
- Learn to operate the in house computer system
- Assist with the customs warehouse removals ensuring they are processed in line with the company expectations
- Communicating with HMRC, clients and suppliers
- Assist with the gathering of data required to submit duty reclaims on behalf of customers
- Assist with collection of data to prepare client feedback as and when required
- Assist to prepare and present new client applications to HMRC, creation of operating procedures and testing of data
- Additional general office administration as and when required
Key requirements of the Trainee Customs Analyst:
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good administration skills are a great advantage
- Experience working in a small and busy work place
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Mathematics are required
- Must have a driving licence and own transport
Working hours will be 9:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday with one hour for lunch.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/19129
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.