Sea Freight Customs Coordinator - Essex - Circa £26,000 - VR/19130
Our client, a successful freight forwarder, is looking for an experienced Sea Freight Customs Coordinator to join their team in Essex.
Job duties & Responsibilities Sea Freight / Customs Coordinator:
- Handling Import/Export customs entries using their in house system
- Communication with Clients, shipping lines and overseas offices/agents
- Handling Sea Freight consignments for both Imports & Exports
- High volumes of data entry on in-house IT systems
- Arranging FCL/LCL loading plans/manifests/bookings & customs processes
- Raising & passing invoices
- Dealing with warehouse operatives
Skills & Qualifications:
- Educated A level minimum requirement
- Extensive experience of Freight Forwarding export/Imports sea freight industry
- Specific knowledge of Customs formalities ICE/Impatex/CNS
- Knowledge of International Trade agreements, compliance & legislation
- High level attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own workload
- Must be a team player
- Have commercial awareness
- Must be flexible with their working hours
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 08.30 - 17.30
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at email@example.com quoting reference; VR/19130
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days, your application has been unsuccessful.