Sea Freight Import Clerk - VR/19532
The Role and Company:
Our client, a global, independent freight forwarder, is looking for a Sea Freight Import Clerk to join their team in Essex.
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Quoting rates
- Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo into the UK
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant import documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Customs clearance
- Planning and arranging deliveries
- Charging files
- Passing purchase invoices and dealing with any queries
Salary up to £28k depending on experience.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org.