Freight Import Customs Clerk - VR19552
The Company & Role:
A freight forwarding company are looking for an experienced Import Customs Clerk to join their team to cover all types of customs entries including specialised entries.
- Creating files and shipments on the companies IT System. Liaise with customers and other departments ensuring all bookings are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and terms
- Checking with shipping lines and co loaders arrival details of all bookings. Issuing NOAs and Invoices
- Liaise with customers to ensure correct documentation is received for clearance/Delivery. Covering all types of customs clearance
- Ensure shipping lines have instructions for deliveries
- Ensure customer is aware at all times of the progress of his shipments
- Experience gained with a Freight forwarding / Logistics organisation dealing with multimodal Export / Import shipments
- Working understanding of All types of Customs clearance matters
- Competent with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Far East Import Market
You will receive a salary circa £26,000 depending on experience.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the shipping team on firstname.lastname@example.org.