Freight Commercial Assistant - VR/19683
The Company & Role:
Our client, a freight forwarder based in Woodford Green, is looking for a Commercial Assistant to join their growing team. You will be working alongside the Commercial Manager and in support of the Operations team, generating new business and converting leads through telesales across Export and Import via Sea, Air and Road Freight.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained at all times.
- Prospecting and canvassing new customers, through leads and market research.
- Preparation of rate proposals and updates for new and existing customers and the maintenance/management of pricing data.
- Assisting in securing new business.
- Providing quotes.
- Preparation of weekly/monthly reports.
- Rate negotiations.
- General operational & administrational duties as and when required.
- Freight Forwarding and/or Liner experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, a confident and professional telephone manner.
- Excellent spoken and written English language essential.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritise workload in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- High level of computer skills, including Excel and PowerPoint.
You will receive a salary depending on experience.
If you're interested, click apply to send an up-to-date CV, or email the Shipping Team on email@example.com