£20,000 - £22,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Essex
Friday, May 07, 2021
Freight Customer Services Operator - Essex - VR/22186
Our client, a specialist in the Freight Forwarding, Transportation Industry and Logistics industries, is looking for an experienced Freight Customer Services Operator to join their team in Basildon.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Forwarding Manager and Head of Customer Services to support the company in becoming more competitive and profitable.
Freight Customer Services Operator duties include:
- Successfully forward products on behalf of the department to the end user.
- Maintain the operations system ensuring customer bookings are accurately recorded.
- Maintain regular communication with the Forwarding Manager and sales teams reporting new sales leads and handover of shipments.
- Create new and maintain current SOPs for the department.
- Receive and process bookings from, ensuring deliveries are received by customers.
- Respond to spot quotes and confirm quotations by telephone, then follow-up in order secure further business.
- Communicate quotations to the line manager/sales team, ensuring all quotations are recorded on the system.
- Liaise with third party contractors ensuring the accurate and timely bookings for consignments.
- Assist in building a strong supplier network and supplier lists ensuring proactive approach to chasing supplies as and when required.
- Assist the Forwarding Manager with all Cross-Trade logistics.
- Implement and improve new efficiencies in customer workflow.
- Maintain key accounts and ensure general enquiries are expedited.
- Update the CRM ensuring spot quotations are entered on to the system.
- Deal with customer/client complaints are expedited in the agreed timeline in accordance with SOPs.
- Ensure invoicing is carried out on time and aid Credit Control with collection of overdue payments from suppliers/clients.
- Account for, authorise, scrutinise, and check for accuracy all invoices prior to submitting for payment.
- Aid Credit Control with collection of overdue payments from suppliers/clients.
Skills required from Freight Customer Services Operator:
- Must have customer service experience in freight
- Excellent accuracy / attention to details skills
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 8:30pm to 5:30pm.
The successful Freight Forwarder / Customer Services Operator will receive a salary in the region of £20k- £22k, according to skills and experience.
Please apply immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment.
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.