£20,000 - £30,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- South East England -- Middlesex
Friday, May 21, 2021
Import Clerk - VR/22194
Our client, a provider of international sea and air freight transport and logistics services, is currently looking to recruit an Import Clerk to join their team in Middlesex.
Main purpose of the Import Clerk:
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo into the UK
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant import documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Planning and arranging deliveries
- Charging files
Passing purchase invoices and dealing with any queries
Key requirements of the Import Clerk:
- 'Hands on' with a good operational know-how of import procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills and commercial sense.
- Customs Entry know-how would be good but training could be provided.
In return the successful Import Clerk will receive a negotiable salary depending on their skills and experience.
If you wish to apply, or for more information, please email your CV to the Shipping team of Red Recruit on email@example.com quoting reference VR/22131