£25,000 - £30,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Essex
Friday, May 21, 2021
Freight Customer Services Coordinator - Essex - c£25-30k - VR/22190
Our client, a successful, freight forwarder is looking for a Freight Customer Services Coordinator to join their team in Essex.
The purpose of the role is to provide key support to clients while delivering an excellent level of service. You will need to identify customer needs, provide information and solutions efficiently to achieve top level client satisfaction and in turn maximise profitability for the company.
Freight Customer Services Coordinator duties include:
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with customers
- Handling any queries or new business enquiries
- Improve company profitability by upselling to existing clients, ensuring that our clients are fully aware of the broad scope of services available
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints, resolve complaints quickly whilst practising empathy, patience, and calmness.
- Engage with the operations team on a regular basis to ensure all are kept informed of client plans and challenges which are being faced.
- Ensure customer SOP’s are kept up to date, any changes and / or new business lanes need to be communicated with the operations team.
- Ensure agreed supplier costs, contract number agreements, and sell rates/agreements are saved into the appropriate systems / shared company folders.
- Provide a clear and smooth handover to the operations team for ops individuals to effectively take control of the booking process.
- Ensure client service levels are maintained in line with agreements and look for opportunities to exceed client expectations.
- Create customer profiles for existing key clients and new clients, detailing information such as company structure, business trade lanes, shipping terms and decision makers within the organisation.
- Ensure all invoice customer queries are dealt with in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- To meet face-to-face with key clients from time to time
- Any other duties and responsibilities as required
Skills and Experience required from Freight Customer Services Coordinator:
- Experience in freight forwarding is essential
- General IT literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Able to effectively manage workload, dealing with several different tasks simultaneously and prioritising them appropriately without compromising deadlines or standards
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Able to identify client issues and takes a proactive approach in dealing with them, with the aim of adding value
- Understands how to positively contribute towards the company objectives
- Receptive to new ideas, approaches, and adapts accordingly
- Adheres to company standards and procedures and maintains confidentiality.
- Able to take responsibility for own tasks, is reliable and trustworthy.
In return, the successful Freight Customer Services Coordinator will receive a salary in the region of £25k - £30k, according to skills and experience.
Please apply immediately to email@example.com. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, ‘project managed’ approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruit’s mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.