£25,000 - £30,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Hertfordshire -- St Albans
Friday, April 16, 2021
Transport Operations Coordinator - St Albans - VR/22165
Our client, a European Logistics provider, is looking for an experienced Transport Operations Coordinator to join their team in St. Albans.
Transport Operations Coordinator duties include:
- Extensive communication both verbally and in writing with UK and European client base, with particular focus on one key account ensuring a high degree of customer service.
- Working to deadlines and being able to plan ahead the collections and deliveries of groupage, part and full load consignments.
- Communicating proactively with supplier base to ensure the work is being carried out in the most effective way.
- Maximising the profitability of each consignment / job by negotiating effectively with clients and supplier base.
- Precisely raise orders and process all of the necessary administration using in-house software system.
Skills and Experience required from Transport Operations Coordinator
- UK or European transport operations experience.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- A confident personality with a can do attitude.
- A professional positive and helpful attitude to work colleagues, suppliers and especially customers.
- Commercial acumen with the ability to negotiate directly with clients and suppliers and identify and maximise opportunities to increase both Turnover and more importantly profit.
- Numerate and literate, it is vital that the successful candidate is able to explain complex logistical issues concisely in both written and verbal form.
- IT literate.
- Ambitious with a desire to succeed.
- Experience of working for a transport/logistics company would be a considerable advantage.
- Presentable, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Strong organisational skills with an excellent memory.
- hours will be 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday and one in four Saturday mornings (8:30am to 12:30pm).
In return, the successful Operations Coordinator will receive a salary in the region of 25k - 30k, depending on experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate, ambitious and wishes to develop a career in International logistics with an established but progressive and forward thinking company with resources available to offer sustained growth.
Please apply immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.