Customs Forwarder (Import / Export) (VR/22169)
- United Kingdom -- England -- Greater London -- Rainham
Friday, June 11, 2021
Customs Forwarder (Import / Export) - VR/22169
Our client, a leading logistics specialist for temperature-controlled transport worldwide based in Rainham, is looking for a Customs Forwarder (Import / Export) to independently prepare, execute and handle all shipments, customs and other formalities that may arise on the basis of applicable procedures, laws and regulations.
Duties of the Customs Forwarder (Import / Export):
- Prepare and complete import and export files with all associated customs documents required for correct, complete and efficient processing of the files.
- Accept, oversee and handle shipments according to the arrangements agreed with customers.
- Ensure the timely and correct preparation of papers, documents and information.
- Issue instructions to colleagues and carriers by reference to the cargo documentation.
- Check tariff headings for customs duties, agricultural levies, VAT and similar.
- Maintain and develop contacts with other departments/sites, customers, suppliers, government agencies and other stakeholders for the purpose of work progress.
- Prevent, observe and deal with irregularities and problems concerning processes, procedures, work instructions and systems.
- Supervise the Junior Customs Forwarder Import / Export.
- Observe and react in a timely manner to relevant developments.
- Apply relevant expertise and up-to-date laws and regulations.
Experience required for the Customs Forwarder (Import / Export) position:
- Minimum Qualifications of A Level Grade B (or equivalent) or higher in Maths and English and at least two other academic subjects.
- Vocational training as a declarant - UK Customs Academy Level 3 - Knowledge of current and relevant laws and regulations.
- Minimum 3 year’s demonstrable professional experience in a comparable role.
- Outstanding command of spoken and written English.
- Broad knowledge and experience of modern software applications, including MS Office.
- Customer focussed.
- Ability to show initiative, cooperation, accuracy, accountability and proficiency.
- Flexible working approach.
- Ability to work independently.
If you’re interested in the Customs Forwarder (Import / Export) position, please apply immediately to email@example.com.