£32,000 - £35,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Suffolk -- Felixstowe
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Warehouse Shift Manager - VR/22174
Our client, a leading independent logistics and trade management provider, is looking for a Warehouse Shift Manager to join their team in Felixstowe.
This role is focused on the day to day management of the new warehouse. You will be responsible for your own area of the business and work alongside the site leadership team. Overall, you will continually strive for improvement and look for opportunities to build the business through offering our customers industry leading service.
Duties of the Warehouse Shift Manager:
- Issue staff workloads and ensure that all duties are carried in accordance with line manager’s request.
- Carry out regular performance management reviews in line with the company policy.
- Ensure operational KPI’s are met on a daily / weekly basis.
- Work with training department ensuring that staff are trained and inducted.
- Ensure that operations are compliant with health and safety policies.
- Ensure the maintenance of all equipment is up to date and all faults are reported using the correct documentation.
- Review resource levels and adjust in line with the daily requirements.
- Maintain appropriate supplies of warehouse sundries.
- Ensure that the security of the site is monitored and complied with as set out in company security policy.
- Ensure that the general appearance of the warehouse is kept in good order.
- Ensure that staff’s performance and development issues are handled appropriately.
- Review process and procedures ensuring that they are appropriate for the work being carried out, and suggest changes where improvements can be made.
Experience required for the Warehouse Shift Manager role:
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading large scale Logistics/Warehousing operations.
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management experience.
- Experience of Warehouse Management Systems.
- Experience of managing and leading teams of c.50 people.
- Proven track record of working to standard operating procedures.
- Solid experience of delivering site compliance, health and safety to the highest standards.
- Successful track record of delivering against KPI’s.
- IT literate.
- Excellent Communicator and great team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven people Management skills and enthusiastic motivator.
- Talent Developer and change ambassador.
- Agile/Flexible approach.
In return you will receive a salary of £32-35k depending on experience.
If you’re interested in the Warehouse Shift Manager role, please apply immediately to email@example.com