ETSF Customs Manager - VR/22151
Our client, a specialist in the Freight Forwarding, Transportation Industry and Logistics industries, is looking for an ETSF Customs Manager to join their team in Basildon.
The role deals with managing a team overseeing the smooth processing and administration of goods transiting the company's inland External Temporary Storage Facility (ETSF). This includes the controlling bonded cargo goods, and goods requiring customs inspection. This is an area approved by Border Force and requires detailed and accurate records kept for HM Customs & Excise inspection.
Duties of the ETSF Customs Manager include:
- Ensuring customs formalities are completed and funds are received prior to release of cargo.
- Authorising release of cargo and instructing operations teams accordingly.
- Understanding compliance and the customs bond procedures.
- Utilising Inventory control system and shipment management system.
- Coordinating between the Operations, Customs and Finance teams.
- Liaising with warehouse management team to ensure appropriate resources are available based on forecast.
- Accounting for demurrage, handling and non-compliance charges.
- Providing trailer/unit manifests and arrival details for the Warehouse to upload to HMRC.
- Ensuring goods are processed and declared at consignment level via C88 to HMRC.
- Monitoring customs clearance and release.
- Ensuring all duties and taxes are charged and paid for in accordance with our agreed terms.
- Ensuring goods are not released without HMRC.
- Calculating and charging any warehouse rent costs.
- Maintaining warehouse inventory of cleared and non-cleared goods.
Skills required for the ETSF Customs Manager role:
- Conversant with Customs procedures (consideration of transferable skills).
- High organisational skills and ability to manage many projects at the same time.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems.
- An administrative background.
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Working as part of a team.
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets.
Hours are Monday to Friday, 08.30 - 17.30.
In return, the successful ETSF Customs Manager will receive a negotiable salary depending on skills and experience.
Please apply immediately to email@example.com. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.