Customs Supervisor (VR/22149)
£32,000 - £39,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Essex -- Basildon
Friday, June 11, 2021
Customs Clearance Supervisor - VR/22149
Our client, a privately owned Logistics company, is looking for a Customs Clearance Supervisor to join their team based in Basildon.
Duties of the Customs Clearance Supervisor include:
- Work as part of a team, taking daily supervisory responsibilities and reporting to a Branch Manager.
- Supporting the team on all aspects of sea and road freight customs.
- Calculating Duty/VAT per consignment.
- Liaising with clients to ensure all information is correct to meet requirements.
- Aiding clients on the classification of goods and their importance.
- Entering details onto specialised Customs software including CHIEF, CNS, Destin8, NCTS, NES, etc.
- Preparation and processing of necessary import/export documentation and declarations as well as discharge process of T-documents etc.
- Liaise with Port Health or Customs officials in areas such as document checks, goods quarantine etc.
- Dealing with general enquiries from importers/exporters concerning all areas, relating to Customs Procedures, Tariff Classifications, Duty Rates and any other documentation requirements
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures including those impacted by Brexit.
- Ensuring the team are kept up to date with changes in regulations, laws and custom procedures.
- Identifying training needs within the customs team.
- Identifying opportunities to increase the companys customs service provision.
Skills required for the Customs Clearance Supervisor role:
- Previous customs knowledge and experience is essential.
- An overview knowledge of both Road Freight and Sea Freight custom requirements.
- Can demonstrate how to keep up to date with changes in legislation and requirements for customs.
- Can work under own autonomy whilst also within and leading a team.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Complex problem solving and the ability to engage critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and able to organise and prioritise work effectively and maintain records.
- Ability to operate windows-based applications and any other software that is standard within the industry.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment ensuring clearance processes are completed in a compliant and timely manner.
- Excellent numerical skills are essential due to the calculation of VAT and Duty on behalf of HMRC.
In return, the successful Customs Clearance Supervisor will receive salary of £32-£39k depending on skills and experience.
Please apply immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.