Warehouse Operations Manager - Felixstowe - VR/22156
The Company & Role:
Our client, an international freight and logistics company, is seeking a Warehouse Operations Manager to join their expanding team in Felixstowe.
Main purpose of the role:
To effectively manage all warehouse staff and all shift operations. Ensuring that the warehouse operation is compliant with all legal and regulatory requirements, including the Civil Aviation Authority; H M Customs and Revenue; the Health & Safety Executive and the Company's own policies and procedures.
Warehouse Operations Manager duties include:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining effective processes and procedures to improve inventory records and accuracy
- Ensuring comprehensive, accurate and useful data collection for all aspects of Warehouse activity
- Producing weekly activity and productivity reports and analysing data to recommend and implement improvements
- Deputising in the General Managers absence
- Effectively managing and developing the Stock Controllers and Warehouse Supervisors, including appraisals and disciplinaries
- Managing the bond process/ ETSF area
- Collating and submitting quotations for new business
Skills and Experience required from Warehouse Operations Manager:
- Substantial experience in Retail, FMCG or 3PL logistics with an operational background
- Proven, strong leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- IT literacy
- Good internal and external customer service and communication skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work without supervision
- Experience in leading and participating in teams effectively
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm and drive to achieve KPIs, targets and objectives
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to identify and report problems
- Previous bond/ ETSF area management experience
In return, the successful Warehouse Operations Manager will receive a salary depending on skills and experience.
Please apply immediately to email@example.com. Jobs are being filled very quickly at the moment
We have a number for positions for this and similar roles, if you know of anyone that is looking please share this advert with them and we will do our best to assist in these difficult times.
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.