VR/19685 - Air & Sea Freight Import Operator
Our client a freight forwarder is looking for an experienced Air and Sea freight Operator based near Solihull.
- Manage the day to day Air Freight & Ocean freight operations.
- Co-ordinate the export and import bookings of Air & Ocean Freight jobs.
- Raising Job files and all of the appropriate operations paperwork.
- Processing jobs through the in house software system.
- Customs entries using the customs system.
- To be responsible for the daily checking of collections and deliveries and ensuring that clients are kept informed of any deviation to the agreed schedule
- Extensive client liaison and negotiation.
- Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
- Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with quotations and service information.
- Managing the jobs from quotation stage to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and communicating effectively any service issues.
- Maximising the gross profit by negotiating with the supplier base.
- Proactively contacting the existing clients to maximise business potential.
- Invoicing jobs on completion.
- Ideally AIR freight or OCEAN operations experience.
- Excellent customer service experience
- Confident communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Can work to deadlines and handle pressure
- Quick thinker / problem solving
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic character
- Ability to work with and support a team
You will receive a competitive salary based on your experience
If youre interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Shipping team.