Seafreight Export Operator (VR/19890)
- United Kingdom -- England -- Yorkshire and the Humber -- West Yorkshire
01 February 2019
Seafreight Export Operator - VR/19890
The Company & Role:
Our client, an expert worldwide shipping and freight forwarding agent, are looking for a Seafreight Export Operator for their team in West Yorkshire.
You will be the main point of contact for allocated clients ensuring their business needs are met on a day to day basis, providing a full export service to them and other customers and agents, whilst working as a team member within the export department and office.
- Develop and maintain strong, professional relationships with allocated clients and suppliers to grow new and existing business.
- Work closely with colleagues as part of a dynamic team to ensure all aspects of work within the department is covered professionally and efficiently.
- Negotiate rates, LCL/FCL/Airfreight/RoRo/Road freight, with shipping lines/suppliers, providing your customers with quotations within set guidelines, maximising profits achieved, whilst maintaining the integrity of the relationship.
- Follow up on quotes issued and renegotiating if necessary.
- Make bookings in accordance with instructions received from the customer. Ensure that information is recorded accurately on all relevant export systems and that the information is kept current and up to date.
- Monitor the shipment throughout, liaising with all parties, keeping your customer updated, ensuring instructions (and changes) are confirmed in writing to all. Any serious/potentially serious issues with a shipment must be bought to the attention of GM/Directors at the earliest opportunity.
- Complete NES declarations/export documentation/instructions, including full L/C preparation where necessary, in an accurate and timely manner.
- An excellent and very experienced exports all-rounder with a strong focus on deep sea.
- Some experience of export forwarding (1 - 2 years).
If you wish to apply, or for more information about the Seafreight Export Operator vacancy, please email your CV to the Shipping team of Red Recruit at firstname.lastname@example.org