Type of job: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 - £44,000 + Bonus + Oxford Allowance (DOE)
The Operations Manager Opportunity
Staffline, the UK’s largest workforce provider, who have proudly partnered with some of the country’s best-loved brands for over 30 years are recruiting for a customer focused, driven Key Account Manager to join our incredibly successful Automotive Manufacturing site based in Oxford.
We resource, recruit and mobilise large-scale workforces to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients. With sites nationwide and over 1,000 clients using our services, we are committed to putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
You will be focused on delivering a people first customer experience to all clients, workers and employees, managing customers at a site manager level.
What you’ll do as a Operations Manager
You will be managing one site with an operational focus, where your responsibilities will include:
- Understand all clients’ operation, creating awareness of challenges and ongoing requirements.
- Build creditable, professional relationships with clients, attending planning & forecasting meetings.
- Actively seek commercial opportunities within the local area to grow the current client base and develop future opportunities.
- Manage compliance requirements, ensuring people & sites are 100% compliant in all areas.
- Delivery of budget, demonstrating financial acumen by understanding Profit & Loss (P&L) accounts
- Fulfil 100% of all bookings in line with the clients’ service level agreements (SLA), identifying solutions to address any shortfalls.
- Provide effective leadership to an onsite team of 3-5 direct reports, including multiple level reports
- Having knowledge and experience of UK employment law would be an advantage
- Coaching and up-skilling managers in the execution of Employment Relations issues
- Accurately recording any ER activity into our HR systems
- Monthly reporting of all ER activity, and preparing reports for the client
- Managing a broad and varied case load in order to bring those cases to effective conclusion (grievance, disciplinary, redundancy, wellbeing, performance etc.)
Why choose Staffline and what’s in it for you?
At Staffline we know it’s important to reward our employees, which is why we are constantly evolving and growing our reward package. In addition to working with a brilliant, committed team of colleagues and accessing all our industry leading training, you’ll have access to the following:
- 25 days holiday as standard with an extra day for each year of service (up to 30 days max)
- One celebration day per year to use however you choose (this is in addition to the 25 days annual leave entitlement)
- 6 monthly bonus (depending on personal and company performance)
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Four employee incentive schemes
- Recognition initiatives including Instant Awards and monthly STARS awards
- Online benefits platform offering savings and discounts with a huge number of high street and on-line retailers, health and financial wellbeing education
- Dedicated wellbeing platform to offer physical and mental health support
- Medicash (practical private medical support for day-to-day needs)
- Access to Cycle to Work and Car Leasing schemes
- Life Assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Salary exchange pension scheme
- Learning and development opportunities via our online Learning Experience Platform
What experience will you have to be considered for the Operations Manager role?
- You will be ambitious, driven, motivated and able to use initiative to overcome obstacles.
- You will be an effective manager with the capacity to influence whilst supporting your team.
- You will have a growth mindset with an understanding of the recruitment industry.
- An ability to respond to changing demands, and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong generalist HR background and experience of complex HR issues including redundancies and dismissals
- Have a clear understanding and knowledge of current and future Employment Legislation
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Resolution and results driven with a flexible and can-do attitude
What do we need from you?
- A full UK driving license with access to your own transport.
- You will have a strong background in people management, with experience working in line to budgets.
Staffline are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.