Type of job: Permanent
Salary: £26,000 - £33,000 + Bonus
You’re all about process, pace and delivering excellence. Relationship building, problem solving and continuous improvement are what motivate you at work… If these ring true for you and you want to stretch your career in recruitment, come and show us what you can do at Staffline.
The Shift Manager Opportunity
Here is your chance to join the largest recruitment business in the UK as a Shift Manager. In this role you will managing c400 temporary associates on behalf of our clients incredibly successful Automotive business based in Oxford.
To thrive in this role, you’ll be people focused, committed to providing the best possible service and a natural problem solver. Experience in an on-site capacity with exposure to performance management and HR issues would be great and give you the background necessary for this role.
What you’ll do as Shift Manager
This role is all about maintaining and building relationships whilst managing performance and absence and improving retention.
As the shift manager, you’ll be adept at problem solving and understand how to get the best out of people.
This is an incredibly diverse role which will undoubtedly keep you on your toes, below is just a selection of what you can expect:
- Building effective relationships with associates and local leadership, attending weekly review meetings, highlighting any challenges proactively
- Take control of performance issues and use your HR knowledge to find resolutions.
- Managing compliance requirements, ensuring your site is compliant against policies such as Agency Worker Regulations (AWR), National Minimum Wage (NMW) and Right to Work
- Influence candidate pipelines for future temporary requirements
- Able to undertake welfare, capability, and disciplinary meetings.
- Collecting and maintaining attendance records for payroll and disciplinary requirements
- Providing service to employees who need assistance
- Administration of the payroll systems (SAP knowledge would be beneficial)
- Undertaking performance reviews and working closely with Operational teams.
- Using our feedback system (have your say) to review all worker and client comments, acting on feedback to identify ways of continuously improving processes
The skills you’ll develop as a Shift Manager
Throughout your time at Staffline, you’ll be coached and challenged to learn new skills that will enable you to thrive. As part of this role, you can expect to further enhance a number of skills related to client management, relationship management, hiring and staffing processes and performance improvement identification amongst a whole host of other areas. At Staffline, we actively encourage progression and personal development and have clear dedicated progression paths for those that join us.
Why choose Staffline and what’s in it for you?
At Staffline we know it’s important to reward our employees, which is why we are constantly evolving and growing our reward package. In addition to working with a brilliant, committed team of colleagues and accessing all our industry leading training, you’ll have access to the following (and more!):
- 25 days holiday as standard with an extra day for each year of service (up to 30 days max)
- One celebration day per year to use however you choose (this is in addition to the 25 days annual leave entitlement)
- 6 monthly bonus (depending on personal and company performance)
- Four employee incentive schemes
- Recognition initiatives including Instant Awards and monthly STARS awards
- Online benefits platform offering savings and discounts with a huge number of high street and on-line retailers, health and financial wellbeing education
- Dedicated wellbeing platform to offer physical and mental health support
- Medicash (practical private medical support for day-to-day needs)
- Access to Cycle to Work and Car Leasing schemes
- Life Assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Salary exchange pension scheme
- Learning and development opportunities via our online Learning Experience Platform
What we need from you…
By this point it should be clear that we want to give you development, we want to reward you correctly and we want you to stretch yourself in whatever role you do at Staffline. To be successful in this role however, we will need a few things:
- You’ll need to have operated as a shift manager (or similar) in a fast passed, on-site environment
- You’ll have leadership skills and be able to show these qualities on a consistent basis
- You’ll be professional in approach and able to hold conversations at the most senior level
- You’ll need to be able to show us that you really do have what it takes to build relationships at all levels.
- You’ll have to be comfortable working with, and presenting data to stakeholders
- You’ll need to have an eye for detail and be able to give examples of problem solving
- Most importantly though, you’ll need to be tenacious, with a great attitude towards delivering an excellent service.
Like the sound of this? Why not apply now or if you require further information, get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org